Board of Directors
Appointed in 2005; elected Senior Independent Director in 2009.
Skills and experience: Sarah is a former head of the Prime Minister’s Policy Unit, as second permanent secretary from 1990 to 1995, and has extensive experience of business, government and the media. Until 2010, she was chairman of 3i Group plc and has been a non-executive director of several other FTSE 100 companies.
- chairman, the Financial Reporting Council
- chairman, Frontier Economics Limited
- member of The Takeover Panel
- senior adviser, the Financial Services Authority
- lead non-executive board member, HM Treasury
- non-executive director, John Lewis Partnership